kandy and pearl powders are great for creating incredible interior decorating FAUX FINISH effects in your home or business. Check out our Faux Finish Tips:
- TIP#1- Faux finish glaze with pearl or kandy powdered pearl pigments is super-hot right now. It is achieved by mixing pigment into clearglaze or water-based polyurethane, and applying it to the existing latex paint on the wall with a brush. USING A ROLLER OR A SPRAYER DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF FAUX FINISH, SO use sponges, rags, brushes or any other faux finish technique that you are familiar with.
- TIP#2: One bag of our kandy or pearl pigment will treat up to a gallon of glaze or clear poly, but it is advisable to mix it about a quart at a time to get your desired consistency.
- TIP#3: Pick a base color that your pearled kandy FAUX FINISH will look good over. A flattering base color makes all the difference. For instance, a blue ghost pearl would look nice over a light blue or grey paint. A gold pearl looks nice over reds, greens, oranges, or browns. Experimentation is the key.
- TIP#4: Applying a little pearl faux finish over white or black latex paint can create a great kustom paint effect! Our flip colors are designed to paint over black, so getting color changing results depends on applying several coats over a black base. Our Caribbean Gold Kolorshift Pearls has been used in theater to create backgrounds that resemble realistic water.
- TIP#5: Making your white walls look like pearl is simple by using a white or silver pearl in glaze over your paint. We plan on releasing many more pictures soon displaying the uses of pearls in your home finishes.