Our Strato Blue Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flakes are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flakes (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat flakes (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flakes have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of flakes in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small flakes, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal flakes, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Strato Blue metal flake paint job is super simple with our flakes. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the flakes), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s inter coat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Strato metal flake”additives, most of our flakes are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some flakes that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.”
We suggest 1 Heaping tablespoon per sprayable quart of clear blender/binder to start. You can go as much as two as long as you are not overloading your clear with flake. In powder coat, use 1 heaping tablespoon per pound of clear powder to start. These are all starting ratios. they can be adjusted as needed for your specific application.
Not only are all of our Metal Flakes completely compatible with vehicle dip, we were the first to supply the dip companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in vehicle dip, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Pearl and Pigment and Plasti Dip Pearls to the world.
Or Search By Category
See How Easy it is to Mix and Spray Our Products!
25 Gram Bag of Thermochromic Pigment. Changes from Black to colorless instantly at 86 Degrees F.
Gold Ghost Pearl - 1600 Degree Temperature Threshold, Protects Base colors while adding incredible effect. Works in all clear coatings. 1 Bag Treats a gallon of ready to spray paint.
Table of Contents